I'm going back to work. My first day is the 22nd. The position is a data analyst with the county. It's full time, which means great benefits.
I originally intended to stay home with Wyatt for another 6-12 months. However, jobs that are even remotely in "my field" are pretty rare here. So, when I saw this posting, I thought I should at least apply.
Here's the whirlwind sequence. I sent my app and resume on Tuesday. They called Wednesday AM to schedule an interview for Thursday AM. They called Thursday after lunch to tell me they planned to contact my references, and offered the job to me Friday morning.
I'm excited about the job, though obviously concerned about how Wyatt is going to do at daycare. He can't start preschool at Zane's school until he's 3 and potty trained, so we are hoping he can start in August (theoretically as soon as Feb, but I doubt the potty training will be done by then). So, the daycare is at least a short-term thing.
Tomorrow will be his first day -- just a half day. We are going to do a few days next week, too, to ease him into this. He's excited about the idea of going to "Wyatt's school" and "playing with the kids," but it will certainly be a big adjustment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment